Information You Provide
Information is gathered any time you provide data by communicating with PayWow through any means, or Sign up for a PayWow account. Information is also collected through our account verification process, content added, and all other general use of the application.
We collect the following information when you use our Services:
- Your name; email address; mailing address; phone number; birthdate; passport, driver’s license, Social Security, Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification; or other historical, contact, and demographic information when you apply or sign up for a PayWow account or other Services, signature, and authentication credentials including IP address.
- Information such as bank account information, payment card numbers, and other publicly available information.
- Withholding allowances and tax filing status.
- When you use our Services to make, accept, request, or record payments, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Information that is voluntarily provided to us, including mobile devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions performed on the Services.
Information We Collect From Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect includes the following:
- Precise Geolocation Information. The location of your device based on your use of the mobile app, or website.
- Device Information. Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Use Information. Information about how you use our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your Internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, the website you visited before you visited or used the Services, data about how you interact with our Services, and other clickstream data.
- Business Information. Information concerning products and services you sell (including inventory, pricing and other data) and other information you provide about you or your business (including appointment, staffing availability, employee, payroll and contact data).
- Employee Information. Information provided to a Seller using our Services, for example information about employees whose employers use PayWow Payroll or Employee Management (including hours worked and other timecard data).
- Customer Information. Information collected from customers, including email address, phone number, payment information, or other information.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We also collect information about you from third parties, including:
- Identity Verification. Information from third-party verification services, credit bureaus, financial institutions, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. In some circumstances, where lawful, this information may include your government-issued identification number.
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may obtain background check reports from public records of criminal convictions and arrest records. We may use your information, including your full name, government-issued identification number, and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Credit, Compliance and Fraud. Information about you from third parties in connection with any credit investigation, credit eligibility, identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without exception, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment, financial institutions, and personal reporting agencies.
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 13. If it comes to our direct attention that any information we collect has been sent by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete all applicable information.
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to administer the Site, manage accounts and provide the Service;
- to monitor, analyze, improve and develop the Site and Service, and to create new Service features;
- to provide a more customized experience on the Site, Service and/or our partners’ or affiliates’ websites;
- to understand our users better;
- to validate user information provided to us for fraud and risk detection purposes;
- to determine eligibility for the Service;
- to prevent, identify and address fraudulent or other illegal activity and security issues;
- to (i) solicit feedback, (ii) respond to your or your employer’s comments, requests or inquiries, (iii) provide customer service and support, or (iv) otherwise contact you in connection with the Site or Service;
- to generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
- for our marketing purposes, such as (i) informing you of our or our partners’ or affiliates’ products, services, features or offerings that may be of interest to you, (ii) providing you with newsletters, articles, reports, updates and announcements, as well as information about upcoming events, (iii) contacting Referred Leads and suggesting Contacts for you to refer to PayWow, (iv) improving and tailoring our advertising and communications, (v) analyzing our marketing efforts, and (vi) determining your eligibility for certain marketing programs, events and offers;
- to operate our business, which includes, without limitation, using your information (i) to process payments, (ii) to manage and enforce contracts with you or with third parties, (iii) to manage our corporate governance, compliance and auditing practices, and (iv) for recruitment purposes, if you submit an application for employment with PayWow via the Site;
- to (i) comply with laws, rules and regulations, including any disclosure or reporting obligations, (ii) resolve disputes with users or third parties, (iii) respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas and court orders) as we deem necessary or appropriate, (iv) protect our property rights or those of third parties, (v) protect the safety of the public or any person, and (vi) prevent or stop any activity which we may consider to be (or to pose a risk of being) illegal, unethical or legally actionable; and
- for any other purpose for which you expressly authorize us to use your information.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
We will only share your information with the third parties listed below for the purposes described above in the “Use of Your Information” Section:
- government agencies and taxing authorities, as required to provide the Service, including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service and state and local tax agencies;
- group health plans, insurance carriers and other third parties, such as doctors, hospitals and pharmacies, as needed to carry out the Benefits Service (which may include but not be limited to facilitating benefits plan enrollments, health care operations and insurance payments);
- banking and financial institutions;
- certain parties as necessary to respond in good faith to legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas and court orders);
- legal and financial advisors and auditors;
- third-party agents, partners and service providers, who (i) are only permitted to use your information as we allow (which may include contacting you on our behalf), and (ii) are required under law or contract to keep your personal information confidential; and
the following third parties under the circumstances described below:
- we may share business information with credit bureaus, and we may share information with certain companies, banks and organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention and determining eligibility for the Service;
- if you participate in our referral programs and/or share your Contacts with us and invite them to join PayWow, the referral emails sent to your Contacts and Referred Leads will include your name, employer’s name and the fact that you are a PayWow user;
- if there is a sale of PayWow (including, without limitation, a merger, stock acquisition, sale of assets or reorganization), or in the event that PayWow liquidates or dissolves, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, which could include your information, to the acquirer;
- from time to time, we may share reports with the public that contain anonymized, aggregate, de-identified information and statistics; and
- we may share your information with certain other third parties with whom you expressly authorize us to share your information.
We do not share information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If we disclose any Protected Health Information (as that term is defined in 45 C.F.R. Part 160) to third parties, we will do so in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended (“HIPAA”), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, as amended (“HITECH”), and any other applicable state and federal privacy and security laws, as they may be amended from time to time.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete your personal information through your account or by contacting us using the contact information listed below. If you would like us to delete your account entirely, please contact us at support@PayWow.com with a request that we delete your personal information from our database. Please note that there may be some delay in the deletion of your data from our servers following your request. Additionally, we may retain some of your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or as needed for other legitimate business purposes.
You may unsubscribe from marketing and promotional emails that we send to you by following the opt-out instructions found in each email. If you opt out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from us, we may still need to send you emails related to your account and the Service.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently have the capability of responding to “Do Not Track” signals received from various browsers.
We employ administrative, physical and technical measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and to comply with HIPAA, HITECH and other applicable state and federal privacy and security laws; however, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed to prevent any interception or other type of misuse. We also depend on you to protect your information. Please set up a strong password and keep it confidential. If you become aware of any breach of security, please notify us immediately.
Links to Other Sites
Our Policy Toward Children
The Service is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. However, if a child under the age of 13 is a dependent on a benefits plan covered by the Benefits Service, we may collect information about the child (solely as needed to provide the Benefits Service) from the child’s parent or legal guardian, or from insurance carriers and third-party administrators.